TUITION AND FEE INFORMATION
Oak Hill Academy prides itself on providing an unmatched educational
experience for its students at one of the most reasonable levels of
tuition for a private, independent school in New Jersey.
Application and Entrance Test Fee - $75/student
Tuition for 2017-2018
Pre-Kindergarten 3 days/week: $13,200
Pre-Kindergarten 5 days/week: $17,800
Grades K-8: $19,100
School Fee*: Pre-Kindergarten: $ 1,410
Grades K-8: $ 1,850
*School fee includes books, materials, activities, school trips,
all after-school clubs, extra help, athletic participation, technology
Oak Hill Academy partners with SMART TUITION for the processing and collection of tuition and fees. Oak Hill Families are given their choice of the following payment plans available through SMART TUITION.
At Registration -
An $2000 Enrollment Deposit is due directly to Oak Hill Academy with
the signing of the Enrollment Contract (not included in plans below).
The deposit will be deducted from the overall tuition.
A. Ten Month Payment Plan
With this plan, parents make 10 monthly payments to cover one year of
tuition and fees without paying finance charges. Payments are due the
first of the month starting May 1, 2017 through February 1, 2018. Smart Tuition will charge a $50 administration fee per family.
B. Two Payments Plan
With this plan, parents pay tuition and fees according to the below
dates. Smart Tuition will charge a $50 administration fee per family.
- Due August 1, 2017 First tuition payment plus fees
- Due December 1, 2017 Second tuition payment
C. One Payment Plan
With this plan, parents pay tuition and fees for the year by May 1, 2017. The administration fee charged by Smart Tuition will be waived in this case.
Parents are able to access and manage their SMART TUITION accounts as well as make payments on-line at: www.parent.smarttuition.com
Oak Hill Tuition Assistance Program
Oak Hill Academy has established a tuition assistance program to
assist families of qualified children meet the cost of an OHA
education. The school gives tuition assistance to help maintain a
diverse socioeconomic and multicultural student population. It also
serves to help prevent the loss of current students because of rising
tuition and/or families’ financial difficulties. Our goal is to enrich
the learning and living environment for all our students. Every student
and his/her family bring a special set of gifts to contribute to the
mosaic of the school community.
Tuition assistance is available to qualifying families, regardless of
the number of children they have enrolled at OHA. Application is made
through School & Student Services (SSS) by the National Association
of Independent Schools (NAIS). Tuition assistance is limited and awards
will be based on the total amount of tuition assistance available from
OHA, as well as the number of qualified applicants. In the awarding
process, some consideration will be given in filling openings that would
otherwise remain vacant. Oak Hill Academy is not able to offer full
tuition assistance to any student at this time.
Overview: Parents must fill out a Parents Financial
Statement (PFS) either online or on paper, as well as submit certain
income and tax information. This application asks several detailed
questions about your family’s income and expenses. Based on the
financial information you provide in the PFS, SSS will provide schools
with an estimated amount that your family can contribute to educational
expenses. This helps schools make fair and objective tuition
assistance decisions. W-2 forms and all other proofs of income, as well
as your most recent tax return must be submitted to SSS, as well as Oak
Hill Academy. Parents are encouraged to follow deadline dates.
How to apply:
- You may complete the PFS online at (Link to http://sssbynais.org)
The PFS online fee is $48.
- Oak Hill Academy’s subscriber code is: 905389
- Submit the following forms:
- 1040 and W-2 to Oak Hill Academy from two years ago
- 1040 and W-2 to SSS and Oak Hill Academy from the most recent tax year
- Business/Farm Statement Form 4506-T (signed, but do not date)
- Mailing address for submitting the paper PFS and Submitting Required Documents is:
SSS By NAIS
P.O. Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368
- For overnight mail, use this address:
SSS By NAIS
Application Processing Center
15 DAN Road, Suite 102
Canton, MA 02021
- For questions, call: Customer Service Center for Parents
800-344-8328 M-F 9am-8pm EST ; Sat 9am-4pm EST
- Submit required forms to Oak Hill Academy, attention: Tuition Assistance Committee
- Parents must fill out the PFS by February 10, 2017 (it will be available after November 1st)
- All recent tax year information should be submitted by March 3,
2017. Tax year information from 2 years ago should be submitted by the
same date, or earlier.
- The Report of Family Contribution (RFC) will not be accurate unless
all signed federal tax returns with all supporting schedules for two
previous years have been received.
- Parents are encouraged to follow deadline dates. Submission after
March 3, 2017 may put a family in jeopardy of excluding themselves from
aid for that year.
Report of Family Contribution/Notification:
- SSS will generate a report that will estimate the amount a family
can contribute to the educational expenses for their child(ren)
- Oak Hill Academy will use the RFC as a guide in awarding tuition
assistance. OHA will have to take into consideration the following
- Total amount of tuition assistance that we will be distributing
- Number of qualified applicants
- Tuition Assistance awards are determined by a Tuition Assistance Committee of OHA administrators.
- Written notification of the tuition assistance decision will be sent by the Tuition Assistance Committee in a timely manner.
- Each parent/family/household, regardless of custodial arrangement,
must fill out a complete tuition assistance application for each
- Parents must re-apply for tuition assistance every year, due to
possible change in a family’s financial circumstance and/or the amount
of funds available from OHA.
- Tuition Assistance and Admissions are two separate processes. The
tuition assistance decision is made after the student is accepted.
- If there are extenuating circumstances affecting your family’s
financial stability, parents are asked to document these factors and
submit the documentation to OHA as part of your tuition
- All conversations, financial records, correspondence, and tuition
assistance information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
Patrice Murray, Director of Personnel/Administration
Oak Hill Academy, 347 Middletown-Lincroft Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738